Monday, November 25, 2013

Last Thursday I found out my host family information!  This was very exciting!    My host mom is a stay at home mom, and my host dad is a factory worker, I will have an 18 year old sister and a 13 year old brother.  I will be living in the small town of Cot in Cartago Costa Rica.  Cot is at the foot of an active volcano call Irazu.  Cot is a 45 minute bus ride from San Jose, and just three miles from the city of Cartago, which was the 1st capital of Costa Rica.  Cot is at 4,707 ft. above sea level, and apparently is “cold” at least for Costa Rica, with temperatures averaging in the mid-60s for most of the year.  To me this doesn’t sound very cold, but its cooler evidently than most of Costa Rica.  I have to say, I am a little nervous about living right next to a active volcano.  However, the volcano hasn't erupted since the mid 90s and before that the 1960s.  I am trying to find out as much as I can about the town, but it is so small and rural that there isn't much information about it on the internet.   Only about 2 months left till departure!

No comments:

Post a Comment